Private Prenatal Class
Just for you, a class in your home or our offices.
At 4 hours in length it covers everything you will need to know, tailored to you. If a private class is not for you Birth Roots also offers group prenatal classes in Winnipeg.
We teach private classes in the Winnipeg area as well as the areas surrounding Winnipeg such as Steinbach, St. Andrews, Selkirk, Stonewall, etc. Please contact us if you would like to see if we can come to your area. firstname.lastname@example.org 204-792-6769.
This class is suitable for:
- First time parents who would prefer a private setting
- A refresher class for second time parents
- Great option if you don’t have the time to take a full series
- In preparation for a home birth (tailored to your needs)
- In preparation for a planned cesarean birth (tailored to your needs)
- In preparation for multiples (tailored to your needs)
All the group class information is covered in our private prenatal class, with the opportunity to explore topics at your pace.
You can arrange a class just for you and your partner, or for a small group of expectant parents (maximum 4 couples. A discount is given for groups of 2-4 couples. Each couple registers and pays separately. Please mark in your registration the other couple you are taking the class with).
- Location: Class in Your Home or Our Office
- Date: flexible to meet your needs
- Investment: $235 (plus gst)
- If you would like the class in French or Spanish put the request in the notes when registering.
- Classes can be requested in the areas surrounding Winnipeg, we will do our best to accommodate. A traveling fee is applied to classes outside of the city of Winnipeg.
Our goal is for you to have the best birth you can, however you define it.
Our teaching philosophy is to tailor each class to parents’ unique needs and circumstances. A typical class will cover topics such as:
- The process of labour and birth
- Pushing and placentas
- Coping strategies such as positions, massage, labour tools
- Hospital pain relief options
- Medical procedures
- Cesarean birth
- Your birth team (family, doctors, nurses, midwives, doulas)
- Welcoming your new baby, bonding and feeding baby
- Your postnatal plan- more important then the birth plan.
- Your instructor is very open to your feedback. She can also tailor a class for a homebirth, a planned caesarean birth, or if there is anything else you would like more specific information on please let her know.
Note: Your instructor will contact you within one week of your registration to set a date for your class. The earlier you register the more availability your instructor will have. They are able to teach classes during the weekday, evening, or weekend. Availability is based on your instructor’s schedule.