Aqua Doula Waterbirth Spa
Benefits of the Aqua Doula Waterbirth Spa:
- The built-in heater maintains constant warm water
- The soft padded floor and side walls offer comfort and strength
- The spacious size offers maximum buoyancy and easily accommodates 2 adults
- Each rental comes with a disposable liner
- Birth Roots will deliver and pick up the tub within Winnipeg
“I used an inflatable children’s pool for my first child’s birth, and the Aqua Doula for my second. I couldn’t believe how much more comfortable I was in the Aqua Doula, and it was so nice that my support people weren’t preoccupied with keeping the water warm and could focus on me.”
– Deanna, mother of two
Birth Pool Rentals Information Chart
Birth Pool: Aqua Doula Waterbirth Spa
Dimensions: 4’6” diameter. 2’ height. Approx. 1250 lbs filled. (does not include weight of people)
Water Capacity: Approx. 150 gallons
Assembly: Approx. 10 min. Easy-to-follow instructions included.
Draining: Please drain after birth.
Cleaning: Included with rental. Done by Birth Roots staff. Simply drain pool, remove liner and pack it up. Call us for pick up and cleaning.
Faucet Adapter: Included
Disposable Liner: Included (Latex-free)
Thermometer: Not included
Hose: Not included
Rental Period: 3 weeks
Rental Cost: $250.00 (plus GST & PST).
Dimensions & Water Capacity:
The Aqua Doula pool is 4’6″ in diameter and 2′ in height.
The Aqua doula pool holds approximately 150 gallons of water and weighs around 1,250 lbs when filled to 18 inches.
Assembly: The Aqua Doula Spa requires approximately 6 feet of floor space for set-up. Assembly of the Aqua Doula is very simple with no tools required, and only takes 10 minutes. You must set up the Aqua Doula yourself, a task most people do in early labour. Should you have any questions about the set up please let us know.
Disassembly: We will come to pick up the pool after your birth. Please notify us for pool pick up within 12 hours of the birth. Please drain the pool, remove the liner, and pack up the pool in the bag provided prior to our arrival.
Aqua Doula Heater: 120V-550W-4.5A-EMF Reduced-Fully Grounded- GFCI Included. The Aqua Doula heater will maintain the temperature of warm water indefinitely, however it will not heat cold water. The pool must be filled with the appropriate temperature water.
Rental Includes: The Aqua Doula Spa Kit, carrying strap, faucet adapter, disposable liner (latex free), and instruction manual. You must provide your own thermometer and new hose we recommend one that is labeled “Suitable for drinking water” or “Non-Toxic”. You may also wish to obtain a submersible pump for draining the pool. Birth Roots Doula Collective Inc. will deliver the Aqua Doula Spa Kit to your home, then pick it up and clean the Aqua Doula after the birth.
- The Aqua Doula Spa rental fee is $282.50 ($250.00 plus $12.50 GST and $20.00 PST).
- A non-refundable deposit of $140.00 ($125.00 plus $6.25 GST and $8.75 PST) is required upon booking.
- The pool will be held in your name for the 3 week rental period of your choosing.
- The remainder is due upon delivery of the Aqua Doula Spa Kit.
Learn more about the Aqua Doula at www.aquadoula.com
Information from: https://tenscanada.ca/freemom-tens/
You have attended prenatal classes, read books, received advice from family and friends. You have consulted with your caregiver yet still feel a little apprehensive on how you will cope with the discomforts of labour.
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. TENS is a drug free, non-invasive pain management tool that has been shown to be effective for many applications. Low-voltage electrical pulses are used to stimulate the nervous system. This is achieved via soft conductive pads that are placed on the skin.
We can help if you would like to:
- reduce or eliminate the amount of pain medication required
- have a non invasive form of relief that has no side effects for you or your baby
- begin relieving your discomfort while still at home
- be fully mobile and feel in control of your labour discomfort
- have some control over the discomforts of labour before you have an Epidural
- arrive at the Hospital calm, relaxed, and ready for the special occasion
What is the difference between your TENS and other TENS machines?
- FreeMOM was designed specifically for Obstetrics and is the only TENS to have been Hospital trialled for efficacy (see reference material).
- Our 2 large labour electrodes cover all of the nerve routes to the uterus and cervix unlike others which use 4 small electrodes that cover a much smaller area.
- FreeMOM is simple to use as it has only 2 parameters (amplitude control and booster button).
How does it work?
Pain is the body’s warning system that registers in the brain as an unpleasant sensation. Pain messages are triggered by receptors in our skin, muscles, ligaments, back, etc. These messages are transported via nerves to the spinal cord and then to the brain where the sensation is registered.
The electrical signal generated by the TENS device can partially block pain signals and reduce the severity of pain experienced by the individual.
This ‘partially shuts the gate on the pain messages’ and prevents them from reaching the brain. TENS stimulates the release of endorphins from the brain. Endorphins are our bodies own natural pain relieving compounds. As an additional feature, the patented TENS ‘R’ US electrical waveform, promotes the ongoing release of endorphins with prolonged TENS use.
FreeMOM sends small, safe, electrical signals into the body via electrodes which are placed on the skin. The stimulus aids the relief of pain in 3 ways:
- By blocking the pain messages from reaching the brain via the nerves.
- By stimulating the release of the body’s naturally occurring pain-relieving endorphins.
- By providing a distraction while the pain is occurring.